USAID and State Department have launched a foreign assistance dashboard with detailed information on the USG's worldwide technical assistance programs. The site contains information on a variety of indicators, including detailed statistics on aid per sector, organizational unit and country.
The numbers are based on annual Congressional Budget Justifications and annual appropriations bills. Other USG agencies that receive appropriated foreign assistance funds will be phased into the Foreign Assistance Dashboard over time.
The Foreign Assistance Dashboard was created in response to the principles of the Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness and President Obama’s Open Government Initiative. The goal of the Foreign Assistance Dashboard is to enable a wide variety of stakeholders, including U.S. citizens, civil society organizations, the Congress, U.S. Government (USG) agencies, donors, and partner country governments, the ability to examine, research, and track USG foreign assistance investments in an accessible and easy-to-understand format.
The Foreign Assistance Dashboard offers data through charts and graphs on the website (using AMMAP and fusioncharts) based on an impressive data set. A separate data page enables users to generate personalized tables through manual queries of data sets. The full dataset can be downloaded as well. The dataset is in excel format and ideally formatted for Excel pivot tables.
Screenshot 1: Users can easily define datasets
Screenshot 2: Interactive graphs visualize complex data sets
The site uses a variety of graphs to display information on the following initiatives:
- Peace & Security;
- Democracy, Human Rights, & Governance;
- Education & Social Services;
- Economic Development;
- Humanitarian Assistance.
|←Previous USAID Top Vendors - Contractors and Grantees - FY 2010||USAID Clearinghouse RSS Feed Development Assistance Next→|
- USAID Top Vendors - Contractors and Grantees - FY 2011
- USAID Business Forecasts
- An Analysis of Regulatory Compliance Recommendations
- USAID Top Country Recipients - FY 2010
- USAID Top Vendors - Contractors and Grantees - FY 2006
- USAID Top Vendors - Contractors and Grantees - FY 2007
- Annual Review Plan USAID Office of the Inspector General
- USAID Top Vendors - Contractors and Grantees - FY 2010
- USAID Clearinghouse RSS Feed Development Assistance
- USAID Clearinghouse RSS Feed Democracy and Governance
- USAID Clearinghouse RSS Feed Vacancies
- USAID Clearinghouse RSS Feed Economic Reform