USAID Automated Directives System (ADS) 188.8.131.52 states that performance indicators selected by the mission should be unambiguous about what is being measured, useful for the relevant level of decision-making, and attributable to USAID/U.S. Government efforts.
ADS 184.108.40.206 further addresses how USAID should use performance information to influence assistance objective (AO) decision-making and resource allocation. ADS 220.127.116.11 states that the basis for decision-making by AO teams will vary according to the implementation stage of a program.
Early in the implementation of an AO, AO teams are likely to base their program management decisions largely on input and output data. As implementation proceeds and outputs become more substantial, AO teams will still need to consider the input and output data sources, but will also focus on whether intended results are being achieved. Therefore, AO teams will need information that measures progress at the AO level.
Source:AUDIT REPORT NO. 1-519-11-007-P AUGUST 9, 2011
This information is derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using this information.
|Program’s Indicators, Targets and Goals Should Be Revisited - ADS 203 Next→|
- Program’s Indicators, Targets and Goals Should Be Revisited - ADS 203
- Reported Results Did Not Meet Data Quality Standards - ADS 203.3
- Baseline Data, Indicators, and Targets Needed to Measure Progress and Achievement - ADS Chapter 203
- Indicators Do Not Effectively Measure Program Impact - ADS 18.104.22.168 - ADS 200.2.b
- Performance Data Lacked Support - ADS 203.3
- Performance Indicators and Targets Did Not Facilitate Program Management - ADS 203.3
- Setting Performance Targets for Partners - ADS 203
- Thorough Site Visits Not Conducted - ADS 202.3 - Performance Management Toolkit
- Data Quality Assessments Not Completed - ADS 203.3.5 - Government Performance and Results Act of 1993 (Public Law 103–62) - Performance Management Toolkit
- Performance Management Plan Not Completed - ADS 203.3 - Performance Management Toolkit