To measure performance effectively and make informed management decisions, missions must ensure the collection and availability of quality data.
USAID provides its assistance objective teams with extensive guidance to help them manage for improved results. Among this guidance is Automated Directives System (ADS) 126.96.36.199, which states that the USAID mission or office and assistance objectives teams should be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of their data and the extent to which the data’s integrity can be trusted to influence management decisions. According to ADS 188.8.131.52, “Data Quality Standards,” USAID missions should ensure that performance data meets data quality standards for validity, integrity, precision, reliability, and timeliness.
Source: AUDIT REPORT NO. 7-641-11-005-P MARCH 17, 2011
This information is derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using this information.
|←Previous Program’s Indicators, Targets and Goals Should Be Revisited - ADS 203||Baseline Data, Indicators, and Targets Needed to Measure Progress and Achievement - ADS Chapter 203 Next→|
- Indicators to Measure Higher Level Results - ADS 203.3
- Program’s Indicators, Targets and Goals Should Be Revisited - ADS 203
- Baseline Data, Indicators, and Targets Needed to Measure Progress and Achievement - ADS Chapter 203
- Indicators Do Not Effectively Measure Program Impact - ADS 184.108.40.206 - ADS 200.2.b
- Performance Data Lacked Support - ADS 203.3
- Performance Indicators and Targets Did Not Facilitate Program Management - ADS 203.3
- Setting Performance Targets for Partners - ADS 203
- Thorough Site Visits Not Conducted - ADS 202.3 - Performance Management Toolkit
- Data Quality Assessments Not Completed - ADS 203.3.5 - Government Performance and Results Act of 1993 (Public Law 103–62) - Performance Management Toolkit
- Performance Management Plan Not Completed - ADS 203.3 - Performance Management Toolkit
- Performance Indicator Definitions Not Consistently Applied - ADS 203.3 - GAO Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government
- Reported Results Were Not Verified – ADS 220.127.116.11. - ADS 202.3.6.