Automated Directives System (ADS) 203.3.3 states that operating units must prepare a complete performance management plan for each strategic objective within 1 year of approval of the strategic objective. It also notes that a performance management plan is a “tool used by an Operating Unit and Strategic Objective Team to plan and manage the process of assessing and reporting progress towards achieving a Strategic Objective.”
The performance management plan must provide performance indicators that include baseline levels and targets to be achieved. ADS 22.214.171.124 states that usually, as part of the operating unit’s annual portfolio review process, the operating units should update these plans regularly with new performance information as programs develop and evolve.
Update the performance management plan in accordance with USAID guidance and develop specific procedures to assign responsibility for regularly updating the document.
Source: AUDIT REPORT NO. 7-660-10-001-P October 8, 2009.
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Management of Performance Data Needs to Be Improved - ADS 126.96.36.199||Partners Set Unrealistic Targets for Development Programs - ADS 200.2 - ADS 203 Next→|
- Performance Management Plans Were Not Approved - ADS 203.3.3
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Activities Was Weak - ADS 303.2(f) - ADS 188.8.131.52
- Some Results Reported by Implementing Partners Were Unsupported or Inaccurate - ADS 184.108.40.206. - ADS 220.127.116.11 - ADS 18.104.22.168
- Performance Targets Were Inconsistent - ADS 22.214.171.124 - ADS 126.96.36.199
- Impact Indicators Not Tracked - ADS 203.3.4
- Develop Indicators and Targets to Measure Progress and Achievement of Project Goals - Assistance Act of 1961, Section 621A, 22 U.S.C. 2381a - ADS 203.3.
- Verify and document reported results periodically for PMP - (ADS) 203.3.4 - ADS 596, Management’s Responsibility for Internal Control
- Performance Management Plan Needs to Be Improved - ADS 203.3.3 - ADS 188.8.131.52
- Verify Reported Data - ADS 303.2
- Management of Performance Data Needs to Be Improved - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Partners Set Unrealistic Targets for Development Programs - ADS 200.2 - ADS 203
- Performance Targets Set Too Low - ADS 220.127.116.11
- Too Much Credit Claimed for the Results Achieved - ADS 18.104.22.168
- Improve Reporting on Activities - USAID’s guidance for the FY 2009 Performance Plan and Report (PPR)
- Fiscal Year [...] Performance Management Plan Not Developed - ADS 203.3.3 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit
- An Evaluation May Help Determine Program Impact - ADS 203.3.6
- Reported Results Are Not Useful for Program Management - ADS 22.214.171.124.c - ADS 126.96.36.199 - ADS 188.8.131.52
- Field Activities Do Not Correlate Well With Program Indicators - ADS 184.108.40.206 - ADS 220.127.116.11.e
- Strengthen Data Reporting - ADS 18.104.22.168 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit
- Data Collection and Reporting Did Not Always Yield Useful Information - ADS 203.