USAID’s ADS 18.104.22.168 states that, for each indicator in a performance management plan, the operating unit should set performance baselines and set targets that can be optimistically but realistically achieved within the stated timeframe and with the available resources.
Targets should be ambitious but achievable given USAID inputs. Performance targets that are set too low are not useful for management or for reporting results to stakeholders.
- Establish written procedures to revise performance targets to reflect realistic expectations.
Source: AUDIT REPORT NO. 7-641-10-006-P JUNE 28, 2010
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Partners Set Unrealistic Targets for Development Programs - ADS 200.2 - ADS 203||Too Much Credit Claimed for the Results Achieved - ADS 22.214.171.124 Next→|
- Some Results Reported by Implementing Partners Were Unsupported or Inaccurate - ADS 126.96.36.199. - ADS 188.8.131.52 - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Performance Targets Were Inconsistent - ADS 220.127.116.11 - ADS 18.104.22.168
- Impact Indicators Not Tracked - ADS 203.3.4
- Develop Indicators and Targets to Measure Progress and Achievement of Project Goals - Assistance Act of 1961, Section 621A, 22 U.S.C. 2381a - ADS 203.3.
- Verify and document reported results periodically for PMP - (ADS) 203.3.4 - ADS 596, Management’s Responsibility for Internal Control
- Performance Management Plan Needs to Be Improved - ADS 203.3.3 - ADS 22.214.171.124
- Verify Reported Data - ADS 303.2
- Management of Performance Data Needs to Be Improved - ADS 126.96.36.199
- Performance Management Plan Was Not Updated ADS 203.3
- Partners Set Unrealistic Targets for Development Programs - ADS 200.2 - ADS 203
- Too Much Credit Claimed for the Results Achieved - ADS 188.8.131.52
- Improve Reporting on Activities - USAID’s guidance for the FY 2009 Performance Plan and Report (PPR)
- Fiscal Year [...] Performance Management Plan Not Developed - ADS 203.3.3 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit
- An Evaluation May Help Determine Program Impact - ADS 203.3.6
- Reported Results Are Not Useful for Program Management - ADS 184.108.40.206.c - ADS 220.127.116.11 - ADS 18.104.22.168
- Field Activities Do Not Correlate Well With Program Indicators - ADS 22.214.171.124 - ADS 126.96.36.199.e
- Strengthen Data Reporting - ADS 188.8.131.52 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit
- Data Collection and Reporting Did Not Always Yield Useful Information - ADS 203.
- Program Targets Were Not Clearly Defined - ADS 203
- Data Reported for a Key Indicator Were Not Consistent With the Indicator Definition - ADS 203