As defined in ADS 203.3.6, evaluations provide a systematic way to gain insight and reach conclusions about the effectiveness of specific activities, the validity of a development hypothesis, the utility of performance monitoring efforts, factors in the development context that may affect the achievement of results, and the types of actions that need to be taken to improve performance.
- Complete an independent technical evaluation of the program to assess its progress and to evaluate the potential for further activities.
SOURCE: AUDIT REPORT NO. 1-525-10-008-P JULY 29, 2010
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Fiscal Year [...] Performance Management Plan Not Developed - ADS 203.3.3 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit||Reported Results Are Not Useful for Program Management - ADS 22.214.171.124.c - ADS 126.96.36.199 - ADS 188.8.131.52 Next→|
- Verify and document reported results periodically for PMP - (ADS) 203.3.4 - ADS 596, Management’s Responsibility for Internal Control
- Performance Management Plan Needs to Be Improved - ADS 203.3.3 - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Verify Reported Data - ADS 303.2
- Management of Performance Data Needs to Be Improved - ADS 220.127.116.11
- Performance Management Plan Was Not Updated ADS 203.3
- Partners Set Unrealistic Targets for Development Programs - ADS 200.2 - ADS 203
- Performance Targets Set Too Low - ADS 18.104.22.168
- Too Much Credit Claimed for the Results Achieved - ADS 22.214.171.124
- Improve Reporting on Activities - USAID’s guidance for the FY 2009 Performance Plan and Report (PPR)
- Fiscal Year [...] Performance Management Plan Not Developed - ADS 203.3.3 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit
- Reported Results Are Not Useful for Program Management - ADS 126.96.36.199.c - ADS 188.8.131.52 - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Field Activities Do Not Correlate Well With Program Indicators - ADS 220.127.116.11 - ADS 18.104.22.168.e
- Strengthen Data Reporting - ADS 22.214.171.124 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit
- Data Collection and Reporting Did Not Always Yield Useful Information - ADS 203.
- Program Targets Were Not Clearly Defined - ADS 203
- Data Reported for a Key Indicator Were Not Consistent With the Indicator Definition - ADS 203
- Some Reported Results Were Not Reliable - ADS 203
- Impact Indicators Were Not Measured - ADS 203.3.2 - ADS 126.96.36.199
- Data Quality Assessment Recommendations Were Not Fully Implemented - ADS 188.8.131.52
- The Reliability of Performance Data Is Unknown - ADS 202.3.6 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit