USAID’s Automated Directives System (ADS) 188.8.131.52 advises missions to select performance indicators, whether qualitative or quantitative, for a program’s performance management plan (PMP) that are the most appropriate for the result being measured.
Furthermore, according to ADS 184.108.40.206.e, the performance indicators selected for inclusion in the mission’s PMP should measure changes that are clearly and reasonably attributable to USAID efforts. Changes can be attributed to USAID efforts when there is a logical and causal effect on the result(s) measured by a given performance indicator for the outputs of USAID-financed activities.
- Develop performance indicators that demonstrate that program results are clearly attributable to USAID efforts.
SOURCE: AUDIT REPORT NO. 1-525-10-008-P JULY 29, 2010
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Reported Results Are Not Useful for Program Management - ADS 220.127.116.11.c - ADS 18.104.22.168 - ADS 22.214.171.124||Strengthen Data Reporting - ADS 126.96.36.199 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit Next→|
- Verify Reported Data - ADS 303.2
- Management of Performance Data Needs to Be Improved - ADS 188.8.131.52
- Performance Management Plan Was Not Updated ADS 203.3
- Partners Set Unrealistic Targets for Development Programs - ADS 200.2 - ADS 203
- Performance Targets Set Too Low - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Too Much Credit Claimed for the Results Achieved - ADS 220.127.116.11
- Improve Reporting on Activities - USAID’s guidance for the FY 2009 Performance Plan and Report (PPR)
- Fiscal Year [...] Performance Management Plan Not Developed - ADS 203.3.3 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit
- An Evaluation May Help Determine Program Impact - ADS 203.3.6
- Reported Results Are Not Useful for Program Management - ADS 18.104.22.168.c - ADS 22.214.171.124 - ADS 126.96.36.199
- Strengthen Data Reporting - ADS 188.8.131.52 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit
- Data Collection and Reporting Did Not Always Yield Useful Information - ADS 203.
- Program Targets Were Not Clearly Defined - ADS 203
- Data Reported for a Key Indicator Were Not Consistent With the Indicator Definition - ADS 203
- Some Reported Results Were Not Reliable - ADS 203
- Impact Indicators Were Not Measured - ADS 203.3.2 - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Data Quality Assessment Recommendations Were Not Fully Implemented - ADS 220.127.116.11
- The Reliability of Performance Data Is Unknown - ADS 202.3.6 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit
- Reporting on Key Indicators Needs to Be Improved - ADS 18.104.22.168
- Performance Targets Were Not Disaggregated by Gender - ADS 200.5