USAID policy (Automated Directives System 203.3.2, ? Performance Management) defines performance management as a systematic process of monitoring program achievements and collecting and analyzing performance information to track progress toward planned results.
As part of USAID performance management policy (ADS 184.108.40.206, ? Setting Performance Baselines and Targets), missions should collect baseline data to determine the value of performance indicators prior to USAID interventions.
- Develop and implement a cost-effective written plan to measure the impact of activities.
Source: AUDIT REPORT NO. 4-696-11-008-P JULY 1, 2011
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Some Reported Results Were Not Reliable - ADS 203||Data Quality Assessment Recommendations Were Not Fully Implemented - ADS 220.127.116.11 Next→|
- Improve Reporting on Activities - USAIDâ€™s guidance for the FY 2009 Performance Plan and Report (PPR)
- Fiscal Year [...] Performance Management Plan Not Developed - ADS 203.3.3 - USAIDâ€™s Performance Management Toolkit
- An Evaluation May Help Determine Program Impact - ADS 203.3.6
- Reported Results Are Not Useful for Program Management - ADS 18.104.22.168.c - ADS 22.214.171.124 - ADS 126.96.36.199
- Field Activities Do Not Correlate Well With Program Indicators - ADS 188.8.131.52 - ADS 184.108.40.206.e
- Strengthen Data Reporting - ADS 220.127.116.11 - USAIDâ€™s Performance Management Toolkit
- Data Collection and Reporting Did Not Always Yield Useful Information - ADS 203.
- Program Targets Were Not Clearly Defined - ADS 203
- Data Reported for a Key Indicator Were Not Consistent With the Indicator Definition - ADS 203
- Some Reported Results Were Not Reliable - ADS 203
- Data Quality Assessment Recommendations Were Not Fully Implemented - ADS 18.104.22.168
- The Reliability of Performance Data Is Unknown - ADS 202.3.6 - USAIDâ€™s Performance Management Toolkit
- Reporting on Key Indicators Needs to Be Improved - ADS 22.214.171.124
- Performance Targets Were Not Disaggregated by Gender - ADS 200.5
- Performance Indicators and Targets Are Inappropriate Measures of Program Progress - (ADS) 126.96.36.199 - ADS 188.8.131.52
- Inaccurate Performance Data Reported - ADS 184.108.40.206 - ADS 220.127.116.11 - Government Performance and Results Act of 1993
- Late Submission of Performance Management Plan - ADS 203.3 - 18.104.22.168 - ADS 203.5.1
- Some Main Indicators Were Not Included in Monitoring Plans - ADS 203.3.2 - ADS 22.214.171.124
- Outdated Results - ADS 126.96.36.199
- Missing Baselines, Targets, and Cumulative Results - ADS 188.8.131.52