Summary: Agency policy calls for the collection and analysis of sex-disaggregated data for individual-level indicators and targets.
USAID has long recognized that collecting sex-disaggregated data is a critical component of performance management. To this end, an additional-help reference to ADS 200.5 specifies that targets for individual-level indicators should be disaggregated to establish expectations about a program’s intended impact on men and women.
Performance Monitoring and Evaluation TIPS No. 8, “Establishing Performance Targets.” TIPS No. 8 is listed as an Additional Help reference in ADS 200.5.
- Establish policies and procedures to ensure that gender-specific targets for indicators are set.
Source: AUDIT REPORT NO. 4-674-11-004-P JANUARY 4, 2011
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Reporting on Key Indicators Needs to Be Improved - ADS 220.127.116.11||Performance Indicators and Targets Are Inappropriate Measures of Program Progress - (ADS) 18.104.22.168 - ADS 22.214.171.124 Next→|
- Field Activities Do Not Correlate Well With Program Indicators - ADS 126.96.36.199 - ADS 188.8.131.52.e
- Strengthen Data Reporting - ADS 184.108.40.206 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit
- Data Collection and Reporting Did Not Always Yield Useful Information - ADS 203.
- Program Targets Were Not Clearly Defined - ADS 203
- Data Reported for a Key Indicator Were Not Consistent With the Indicator Definition - ADS 203
- Some Reported Results Were Not Reliable - ADS 203
- Impact Indicators Were Not Measured - ADS 203.3.2 - ADS 220.127.116.11
- Data Quality Assessment Recommendations Were Not Fully Implemented - ADS 18.104.22.168
- The Reliability of Performance Data Is Unknown - ADS 202.3.6 - USAID’s Performance Management Toolkit
- Reporting on Key Indicators Needs to Be Improved - ADS 22.214.171.124
- Performance Indicators and Targets Are Inappropriate Measures of Program Progress - (ADS) 126.96.36.199 - ADS 188.8.131.52
- Inaccurate Performance Data Reported - ADS 184.108.40.206 - ADS 220.127.116.11 - Government Performance and Results Act of 1993
- Late Submission of Performance Management Plan - ADS 203.3 - 18.104.22.168 - ADS 203.5.1
- Some Main Indicators Were Not Included in Monitoring Plans - ADS 203.3.2 - ADS 22.214.171.124
- Outdated Results - ADS 126.96.36.199
- Missing Baselines, Targets, and Cumulative Results - ADS 188.8.131.52
- Performance Measurements Did Not Reflect Project Impact - (ADS) 203.3.4
- Did Not Conduct Data Quality Assessments for Key Data Reported to USAID Headquarters - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Performance Management Plan Was Not Current, Not Realistic, Not Aligned With Implemented Projects, and Not Used - ADS 200.6 - ADS 203.3.3
- Program Evaluation by Mission Was Not Shared With Contractor - ADS 220.127.116.11