USAID’s Automated Directives System (ADS) Chapter 203, Assessing and Learning, section 184.108.40.206, states that missions should be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of their data and the extent to which the data’s integrity can be trusted to influence management decisions.
Additionally, under ADS 220.127.116.11, performance data should meet data quality standards for validity, integrity, precision, reliability, and timeliness. In particular, performance data should be sufficiently precise to present a fair picture of performance and enable decision making at the appropriate level.
- Require contractors to provide additional written guidance to subcontractors on the purpose of the outreach protocols and the need for accurate reporting of outreach data that exceed targets.
SOURCE: AUDIT REPORT NO. 6-278-11-004-P January 10, 2011
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Performance Results Were Not Measured, Reported, or Supported - (ADS) 18.104.22.168||Program Did Not Conduct Required Gender Analysis Next→|
- Inaccurate Performance Data Reported - ADS 22.214.171.124 - ADS 126.96.36.199 - Government Performance and Results Act of 1993
- Late Submission of Performance Management Plan - ADS 203.3 - 188.8.131.52 - ADS 203.5.1
- Some Main Indicators Were Not Included in Monitoring Plans - ADS 203.3.2 - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Outdated Results - ADS 220.127.116.11
- Missing Baselines, Targets, and Cumulative Results - ADS 18.104.22.168
- Performance Measurements Did Not Reflect Project Impact - (ADS) 203.3.4
- Did Not Conduct Data Quality Assessments for Key Data Reported to USAID Headquarters - ADS 22.214.171.124
- Performance Management Plan Was Not Current, Not Realistic, Not Aligned With Implemented Projects, and Not Used - ADS 200.6 - ADS 203.3.3
- Program Evaluation by Mission Was Not Shared With Contractor - ADS 126.96.36.199
- Performance Results Were Not Measured, Reported, or Supported - (ADS) 188.8.131.52
- Program Did Not Conduct Required Gender Analysis
- Coverage of Gender in HIV/AIDS Programming Left Gaps - The Lantos-Hyde Act
- Partner Results Were Not Verifiable - ADS 184.108.40.206 - ADS 220.127.116.11
- Program Targets Were Imprecise - ADS 18.104.22.168 - ADS 22.214.171.124
- Targets for Key Interventions Were Not Sufficient to Track Progress - Automated Directives System 126.96.36.199
- Program Performance Reporting Needs Improvement - Automated Directives System 203.3.2.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Plan Was Not in Compliance With the Task Order
- Unrealistic Annual Performance Targets - ADS 188.8.131.52
- Inaccuracy of the Reported Performance Data - Automated Directives System (ADS) 184.108.40.206
- Unrealistic Performance Targets - ADS 220.127.116.11.b