According to Automated Directives System (ADS) 184.108.40.206, USAID operating units should set performance targets that are ambitious, but can realistically be achieved within the stated timeframe and with the available resources. Targets should also be established for the end of the assistance and may be set for the interim years as well.
Additionally, ADS 220.127.116.11 requires mission personnel, during their portfolio review process, to address the adequacy of the performance indicators selected in the performance management plan and expectations that activities will meet their planned targets and results.
- Establish accurate performance targets for the end of the contract period for all indicators reported by the program.
SOURCE: AUDIT REPORT NO. 7-685-11-006-P MARCH 31, 2011
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Partner Results Were Not Verifiable - ADS 18.104.22.168 - ADS 22.214.171.124||Targets for Key Interventions Were Not Sufficient to Track Progress - Automated Directives System 126.96.36.199 Next→|
- Missing Baselines, Targets, and Cumulative Results - ADS 188.8.131.52
- Performance Measurements Did Not Reflect Project Impact - (ADS) 203.3.4
- Did Not Conduct Data Quality Assessments for Key Data Reported to USAID Headquarters - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Performance Management Plan Was Not Current, Not Realistic, Not Aligned With Implemented Projects, and Not Used - ADS 200.6 - ADS 203.3.3
- Program Evaluation by Mission Was Not Shared With Contractor - ADS 220.127.116.11
- Performance Results Were Not Measured, Reported, or Supported - (ADS) 18.104.22.168
- Contractor Data Did Not Accurately Reflected Outreach Efforts - (ADS) Chapter 203 - section 22.214.171.124 - ADS 126.96.36.199
- Program Did Not Conduct Required Gender Analysis
- Coverage of Gender in HIV/AIDS Programming Left Gaps - The Lantos-Hyde Act
- Partner Results Were Not Verifiable - ADS 188.8.131.52 - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Targets for Key Interventions Were Not Sufficient to Track Progress - Automated Directives System 220.127.116.11
- Program Performance Reporting Needs Improvement - Automated Directives System 203.3.2.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Plan Was Not in Compliance With the Task Order
- Unrealistic Annual Performance Targets - ADS 18.104.22.168
- Inaccuracy of the Reported Performance Data - Automated Directives System (ADS) 22.214.171.124
- Unrealistic Performance Targets - ADS 126.96.36.199.b
- Tracked Too Many Indicators, Some Loosely Defined - ADS 200.6 - ADS 188.8.131.52 - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Reported Results Are Not Verifiable - Automated Directives System (ADS) 220.127.116.11