ADS 126.96.36.199, “Setting Performance Baselines and Targets,” states that yearly targets are generally required for the standard indicators selected for the annual joint operational plan and the joint performance report. These targets should be ambitious but achievable given the resources provided to the program.
In addition, Performance Monitoring & Evaluation TIPS No. 8, “Baselines and Targets,” a supplemental reference to ADS 203, states that if a project does not meet targets, it is important for managers to reexamine the focus or priorities of the project and make related adjustments in indicators or targets. Senior managers, staff, and implementers should review performance information and targets as part of ongoing project management responsibilities.
- Document a plan to conduct the required reviews and updates of targets for program indicators on a recurring basis.
Source: 6-263-11-007-p Year: 2011
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Monitoring and Evaluation Plan Was Not in Compliance With the Task Order||Inaccuracy of the Reported Performance Data - Automated Directives System (ADS) 188.8.131.52 Next→|
- Program Evaluation by Mission Was Not Shared With Contractor - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Performance Results Were Not Measured, Reported, or Supported - (ADS) 220.127.116.11
- Contractor Data Did Not Accurately Reflected Outreach Efforts - (ADS) Chapter 203 - section 18.104.22.168 - ADS 22.214.171.124
- Program Did Not Conduct Required Gender Analysis
- Coverage of Gender in HIV/AIDS Programming Left Gaps - The Lantos-Hyde Act
- Partner Results Were Not Verifiable - ADS 126.96.36.199 - ADS 188.8.131.52
- Program Targets Were Imprecise - ADS 184.108.40.206 - ADS 220.127.116.11
- Targets for Key Interventions Were Not Sufficient to Track Progress - Automated Directives System 18.104.22.168
- Program Performance Reporting Needs Improvement - Automated Directives System 203.3.2.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Plan Was Not in Compliance With the Task Order
- Inaccuracy of the Reported Performance Data - Automated Directives System (ADS) 22.214.171.124
- Unrealistic Performance Targets - ADS 126.96.36.199.b
- Tracked Too Many Indicators, Some Loosely Defined - ADS 200.6 - ADS 188.8.131.52 - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Reported Results Are Not Verifiable - Automated Directives System (ADS) 220.127.116.11