Both the cooperating sponsors and the USAID missions have a responsibility to set appropriate targets and to review and assess their relevancy on a periodic basis.
According to Performance Monitoring and Evaluation TIP No. 8, “All targets, both final and interim, should be based on a careful analysis of what is realistic to achieve, given the stage of program implementation, resource availability, country conditions, technical constraints, etc.”
ADS 18.104.22.168.b also states that USAID missions/offices should use performance information to assess progress in achieving results and to make management decisions.
- Reevaluate and establish realistic and achievable targets for program indicators.
Source: 7-683-11-008-P Year: 2011
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Inaccuracy of the Reported Performance Data - Automated Directives System (ADS) 22.214.171.124||Reported Results Are Not Verifiable - Automated Directives System (ADS) 126.96.36.199 Next→|
- Contractor Data Did Not Accurately Reflected Outreach Efforts - (ADS) Chapter 203 - section 188.8.131.52 - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Program Did Not Conduct Required Gender Analysis
- Coverage of Gender in HIV/AIDS Programming Left Gaps - The Lantos-Hyde Act
- Partner Results Were Not Verifiable - ADS 220.127.116.11 - ADS 18.104.22.168
- Program Targets Were Imprecise - ADS 22.214.171.124 - ADS 126.96.36.199
- Targets for Key Interventions Were Not Sufficient to Track Progress - Automated Directives System 188.8.131.52
- Program Performance Reporting Needs Improvement - Automated Directives System 203.3.2.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Plan Was Not in Compliance With the Task Order
- Unrealistic Annual Performance Targets - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Inaccuracy of the Reported Performance Data - Automated Directives System (ADS) 220.127.116.11
- Tracked Too Many Indicators, Some Loosely Defined - ADS 200.6 - ADS 18.104.22.168 - ADS 22.214.171.124
- Reported Results Are Not Verifiable - Automated Directives System (ADS) 126.96.36.199