Section 117 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended and as reflected in ADS Chapter 204, ?Environmental Procedures,? requires that the impact of USAID’s activities on the environment be considered and that USAID include environmental sustainability as a central consideration in designing and carrying out its development programs in foreign countries. According to ADS 202, program managers are responsible for managing and monitoring the compliance of their activities.
- Designate one person in each technical office who has received training to oversee environmental compliance for projects and activities.
- Identify projects planned to determine whether sufficient support and technical expertise for environmental compliance exists.
Source: AUDIT REPORT NO. G-391-11-005-P JUNE 20, 2011
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Environmental Procedures - 22 CFR 216||Environmental Procedures Not Followed - Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 216, “Environmental Procedures” Section 216.2(d) Next→|
- Environmental Requirements in Solicitations and Awards - 22 CFR 216 - ADS 204
- Implementing Partner is Not In Compliance With Environmental Procedures - Code of Federal Regulations Title 22 Section 216, “Environmental Procedures - ADS 204
- Environmental Expertise - ADS 204
- Improve Environmental Monitoring Procedures and Practices - 22 CFR 216.3.a.8 - ADS 204.3.4.b
- Incorporate Environmental Assessment Requirements in Solicitations and Awards - ADS 204.3.4.a.6 - ADS 303.3.6.3.e - ADS 204.3.8
- Environmental Procedures - 22 CFR 216
- Environmental Procedures Not Followed - Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 216, “Environmental Procedures” Section 216.2(d)
- Required Environmental Assessments Were Not Carried Out - Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 216, “Environmental Procedures.” Section 216.2(d)(1) - Section 216.2(d)(2)
- Environmental Monitoring Was Not Conducted - 22 CFR 216, Environmental Procedures - ADS 204, Environmental Procedures - ADS 204.2.c
- Awards Without Conducting Required Environmental Assessments - Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended, Section 117 - 22 CFR 216 - ADS 220.127.116.11 - ADS 204.3.4