Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 216, “Environmental Procedures,” requires USAID to ensure that the environmental consequences of USAID-financed activities be identified and considered prior to a final decision to proceed, and that appropriate environmental safeguards be adopted.
Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Section 216.2(d), identifies several classes of actions that normally have a significant effect on the environment and therefore require an environmental assessment or environmental impact statement. Among the classes of actions are irrigation and water management projects and leveling of agricultural land.
- Perform an environmental assessment for the program when required and implement any corrective actions that may be required.
SOURCE: AUDIT REPORT NO. F-306-11-001-P FEBRUARY 13, 2011
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
- Environmental Requirements in Solicitations and Awards - 22 CFR 216 - ADS 204
- Implementing Partner is Not In Compliance With Environmental Procedures - Code of Federal Regulations Title 22 Section 216, “Environmental Procedures - ADS 204
- Environmental Expertise - ADS 204
- Improve Environmental Monitoring Procedures and Practices - 22 CFR 216.3.a.8 - ADS 204.3.4.b
- Incorporate Environmental Assessment Requirements in Solicitations and Awards - ADS 204.3.4.a.6 - ADS 303.3.6.3.e - ADS 204.3.8
- Environmental Procedures - 22 CFR 216
- Revisions to Environmental Assessments Delay Agreements - Section 117 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended and as reflected in ADS Chapter 204, Environmental Procedures - ADS 202
- Required Environmental Assessments Were Not Carried Out - Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 216, “Environmental Procedures.” Section 216.2(d)(1) - Section 216.2(d)(2)
- Environmental Monitoring Was Not Conducted - 22 CFR 216, Environmental Procedures - ADS 204, Environmental Procedures - ADS 204.2.c
- Awards Without Conducting Required Environmental Assessments - Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended, Section 117 - 22 CFR 216 - ADS 184.108.40.206 - ADS 204.3.4