USAID’s environmental procedures are included in Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 216, “Environmental Procedures.” Section 216.2(d)(1) states that new land development is part of a class of actions that have been determined generally to have a significant effect on the environment. Therefore, an environmental assessment or environmental impact statement, as appropriate, will be required.
Under Section 216.2(d)(2), however, if the originator of the project believes that the project will not have a significant effect on the environment, than an initial environmental examination will be prepared. If the initial environmental examination determines that the project would have a significant effect, an environmental assessment or environmental impact statement will be prepared.
- Complete the environmental assessments required by Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 216, “Environmental Procedures.”
- Provide adequate supervision to reasonably ensure compliance with USAID’s environmental procedures.
SOURCE: AUDIT REPORT NO. F-306-11-002-P MARCH 27, 2011
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
- Environmental Requirements in Solicitations and Awards - 22 CFR 216 - ADS 204
- Implementing Partner is Not In Compliance With Environmental Procedures - Code of Federal Regulations Title 22 Section 216, “Environmental Procedures - ADS 204
- Environmental Expertise - ADS 204
- Improve Environmental Monitoring Procedures and Practices - 22 CFR 216.3.a.8 - ADS 204.3.4.b
- Incorporate Environmental Assessment Requirements in Solicitations and Awards - ADS 204.3.4.a.6 - ADS 303.3.6.3.e - ADS 204.3.8
- Environmental Procedures - 22 CFR 216
- Revisions to Environmental Assessments Delay Agreements - Section 117 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended and as reflected in ADS Chapter 204, Environmental Procedures - ADS 202
- Environmental Procedures Not Followed - Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 216, “Environmental Procedures” Section 216.2(d)
- Environmental Monitoring Was Not Conducted - 22 CFR 216, Environmental Procedures - ADS 204, Environmental Procedures - ADS 204.2.c
- Awards Without Conducting Required Environmental Assessments - Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended, Section 117 - 22 CFR 216 - ADS 188.8.131.52 - ADS 204.3.4