Section 641 of USAID's framework legislation, the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended, codified at 22 U.S.C. § 2401 requires that all programs under the Foreign Assistance Act be identified appropriately overseas as "American Aid."
To help ensure compliance with this requirement, ADS 320, Branding and Marking, contains USAID’s policy directives and required procedures for branding and marking USAID-funded programs, projects, activities, public communications, and commodities.
Contracts and subcontracts exclusively funded by USAID, must use the USAID identity for branding and marking purposes. Where applicable, a host-country symbol or ministry logo or another U.S. Government logo may be added.
- Develop and implement a plan for monitoring the implementation of the branding and marking plan in compliance with USAID branding requirements.
Source: AUDIT REPORT NO. 4-650-11-010-P JULY 28, 2011
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous USAID’s Marking Requirement Is Not Being Followed - ADS 320.3||Implementer Has Not Complied With the Project Branding and Marking Plan - ADS 320 Next→|
- Implementer Has Not Complied With the Project Branding and Marking Plan - ADS 320
- USAID Branding and Marking Requirements Are Not Being Followed - Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, Public Law 87–195, section 641 - ADS 320
- Branding Requirements Were Not Followed - ADS 320, Branding and Marking - Section 641 of USAID’s framework legislation, the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961
- Implementing Partner Need to Adhere to Branding and Marking Policy - ADS 320.3.1 - ADS 3220.127.116.11
- Adhering to Branding Requirements - ADS 320
- USAID Branding and Marking Guidelines Were Not Followed
- Partner Did Not Adhere to Branding Requirements - ADS 320
- Branding Policy Not Enforced - Section 641 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 - 22 U.S.C. 2401.
- Obtain Commitment From Beneficiaries - USAID’s joint Strategic Plan, Fiscal Years 2007–2012 - ADS 596.3.1 - GAO Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government2 GAO/AIMD-00-21.3.1 (11/99), page 15
- USAID-Funded Publications Not Properly Marked - 22 CFR 226.91