According to USAID’s framework legislation, the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, Public Law 87–195, section 641, all programs under the act must be identified appropriately overseas as “American Aid.” In addition, the USAID Automated Directive System (ADS) contains USAID’s policies and required procedures on branding and marking USAID-funded programs, projects, activities, public communications, and commodities (ADS 320).
- Document compliance with requirements of USAID Automated Directive System 320, “Branding and Marking”, or submit a written request to the mission for a waiver from the requirements.
Source: AUDIT REPORT NO. 5-306-10-006-P January 29, 2010
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
- USAID’s Marking Requirement Is Not Being Followed - ADS 320.3
- USAID Branding Requirements not Followed - ADS 320 - 22 U.S.C. § 2401
- Implementer Has Not Complied With the Project Branding and Marking Plan - ADS 320
- Branding Requirements Were Not Followed - ADS 320, Branding and Marking - Section 641 of USAID’s framework legislation, the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961
- Implementing Partner Need to Adhere to Branding and Marking Policy - ADS 320.3.1 - ADS 3184.108.40.206
- Adhering to Branding Requirements - ADS 320
- USAID Branding and Marking Guidelines Were Not Followed
- Partner Did Not Adhere to Branding Requirements - ADS 320
- Branding Policy Not Enforced - Section 641 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 - 22 U.S.C. 2401.
- Obtain Commitment From Beneficiaries - USAID’s joint Strategic Plan, Fiscal Years 2007–2012 - ADS 596.3.1 - GAO Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government2 GAO/AIMD-00-21.3.1 (11/99), page 15
- USAID-Funded Publications Not Properly Marked - 22 CFR 226.91
- Implementers’ Branding and Public Announcement Efforts Not Monitored - ADS 320.3.1 - ADS 320.2a(3)
- Locations Lacked USAID Branding - Section 641 of USAID's framework legislation, the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 - ADS 320, ?Branding and Marking