ADS 320, Branding and Marking, Section 320.3.2, requires an approved marking plan for USAID contracts. USAID programs, projects, activities, public communications, and commodities with USAID funding are required to be “branded with a standard graphic identity.”
It is also USAID policy to prohibit the use of the USAID identity on contractor and recipient business cards, although they may include such wording as “USAID Contractor” or “USAID Grantee” as appropriate on their employees’ business cards to identify that these individuals are working on a USAID-funded activity.
Require partners to implement branding plans and take the necessary steps to ensure adherence to USAID branding guidelines.
Source: AUDIT REPORT NO. 7-688-10-004-P February 26, 2010
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Implementing Partner Need to Adhere to Branding and Marking Policy - ADS 320.3.1 - ADS 3184.108.40.206||USAID Branding and Marking Guidelines Were Not Followed Next→|
- USAID’s Marking Requirement Is Not Being Followed - ADS 320.3
- USAID Branding Requirements not Followed - ADS 320 - 22 U.S.C. § 2401
- Implementer Has Not Complied With the Project Branding and Marking Plan - ADS 320
- USAID Branding and Marking Requirements Are Not Being Followed - Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, Public Law 87–195, section 641 - ADS 320
- Branding Requirements Were Not Followed - ADS 320, Branding and Marking - Section 641 of USAID’s framework legislation, the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961
- Implementing Partner Need to Adhere to Branding and Marking Policy - ADS 320.3.1 - ADS 3220.127.116.11
- USAID Branding and Marking Guidelines Were Not Followed
- Partner Did Not Adhere to Branding Requirements - ADS 320
- Branding Policy Not Enforced - Section 641 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 - 22 U.S.C. 2401.
- Obtain Commitment From Beneficiaries - USAID’s joint Strategic Plan, Fiscal Years 2007–2012 - ADS 596.3.1 - GAO Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government2 GAO/AIMD-00-21.3.1 (11/99), page 15
- USAID-Funded Publications Not Properly Marked - 22 CFR 226.91
- Implementers’ Branding and Public Announcement Efforts Not Monitored - ADS 320.3.1 - ADS 320.2a(3)
- Locations Lacked USAID Branding - Section 641 of USAID's framework legislation, the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 - ADS 320, ?Branding and Marking
- Items Funded by USAID Were Not Properly Marked - ADS 320.3.3
- Effectiveness of USAID Branding Needs to Be Improved - section 641 of USAID’s framework legislation, the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, codified as amended in 22 U.S.C. 2401 - ADS 318.104.22.168 - , 22 CFR 211.5(h)
- Subcontractor Did Not Manage Beneficiary Expectations Effectively - USAID’s Nine Principles of Development and Reconstruction Assistance