The Department of State and USAID’s joint Strategic Plan, Fiscal Years 2007–2012 discusses the concept of transformational diplomacy as a relationship wherein U.S. assistance plays a catalytic role in supporting a host country’s national vision for advancement. However, the primary responsibility for achieving transformation ultimately rests with the developing nation’s leadership and citizens.
Lasting economic, social, and democratic progress—through a transformation of institutions, economic structures, and human capacity—can begin with USAID development, but host countries, as benefactors, will need to sustain further advances on their own. USAID programs are expected to help move countries through the development process that leads to their graduation from U.S. foreign assistance.
Also, Automated Directives System 596.3.1, “Establishing Internal Controls,” states that USAID managers and staff must develop and implement appropriate, cost-effective internal controls toward management that produce results. These controls include appropriate documentation. The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s (GAO) Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government - GAO/AIMD-00-21.3.1 (11/99), page 15- states that all transactions and other significant events need to be clearly documented, and the documentation should be readily available for examination.
- Develop a memorandum of understanding with the Government of [...] regarding a commitment to use the [...] for a specific time for its intended purpose and document the results of any disagreements.
SOURCE: AUDIT REPORT NO. 6-268-10-006-P August 24, 2010
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Branding Policy Not Enforced - Section 641 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 - 22 U.S.C. 2401.||USAID-Funded Publications Not Properly Marked - 22 CFR 226.91 Next→|
- USAID’s Marking Requirement Is Not Being Followed - ADS 320.3
- USAID Branding Requirements not Followed - ADS 320 - 22 U.S.C. § 2401
- Implementer Has Not Complied With the Project Branding and Marking Plan - ADS 320
- USAID Branding and Marking Requirements Are Not Being Followed - Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, Public Law 87–195, section 641 - ADS 320
- Branding Requirements Were Not Followed - ADS 320, Branding and Marking - Section 641 of USAID’s framework legislation, the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961
- Implementing Partner Need to Adhere to Branding and Marking Policy - ADS 320.3.1 - ADS 3184.108.40.206
- Adhering to Branding Requirements - ADS 320
- USAID Branding and Marking Guidelines Were Not Followed
- Partner Did Not Adhere to Branding Requirements - ADS 320
- Branding Policy Not Enforced - Section 641 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 - 22 U.S.C. 2401.
- USAID-Funded Publications Not Properly Marked - 22 CFR 226.91
- Implementers’ Branding and Public Announcement Efforts Not Monitored - ADS 320.3.1 - ADS 320.2a(3)
- Locations Lacked USAID Branding - Section 641 of USAID's framework legislation, the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 - ADS 320, ?Branding and Marking
- Items Funded by USAID Were Not Properly Marked - ADS 320.3.3
- Effectiveness of USAID Branding Needs to Be Improved - section 641 of USAID’s framework legislation, the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, codified as amended in 22 U.S.C. 2401 - ADS 3220.127.116.11 - , 22 CFR 211.5(h)
- Subcontractor Did Not Manage Beneficiary Expectations Effectively - USAID’s Nine Principles of Development and Reconstruction Assistance
- Public Awareness of U.S. Efforts Needs To Be Improved - ADS 320 - Section 641 of USAID’s framework legislation - the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, codified as amended in 22 U.S.C. 2401
- Branding and Marking Plan Not Approved - ADS 320 - Section 641 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 - 22 CFR 226.91
- Locations Do Not Have Adequate Branding - ADS 318.104.22.168.a-b