USAID’s Automated Directives System 320.3.3 sets forth USAID’s policy that programs, projects, activities, public communications, or commodities implemented or delivered under co-funded instruments, such as cooperative agreements, generally be co-marked with the USAID identity.
- Evaluate the branding and marking plan and make a determination as to the acceptability of the plan.
Source: AUDIT REPORT NO. 5-306-11-002-P NOVEMBER 5, 2010
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
- Branding Requirements Were Not Followed - ADS 320, Branding and Marking - Section 641 of USAID’s framework legislation, the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961
- Implementing Partner Need to Adhere to Branding and Marking Policy - ADS 320.3.1 - ADS 3220.127.116.11
- Adhering to Branding Requirements - ADS 320
- USAID Branding and Marking Guidelines Were Not Followed
- Partner Did Not Adhere to Branding Requirements - ADS 320
- Branding Policy Not Enforced - Section 641 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 - 22 U.S.C. 2401.
- Obtain Commitment From Beneficiaries - USAID’s joint Strategic Plan, Fiscal Years 2007–2012 - ADS 596.3.1 - GAO Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government2 GAO/AIMD-00-21.3.1 (11/99), page 15
- USAID-Funded Publications Not Properly Marked - 22 CFR 226.91
- Implementers’ Branding and Public Announcement Efforts Not Monitored - ADS 320.3.1 - ADS 320.2a(3)
- Locations Lacked USAID Branding - Section 641 of USAID's framework legislation, the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 - ADS 320, ?Branding and Marking
- Effectiveness of USAID Branding Needs to Be Improved - section 641 of USAID’s framework legislation, the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, codified as amended in 22 U.S.C. 2401 - ADS 318.104.22.168 - , 22 CFR 211.5(h)
- Subcontractor Did Not Manage Beneficiary Expectations Effectively - USAID’s Nine Principles of Development and Reconstruction Assistance
- Public Awareness of U.S. Efforts Needs To Be Improved - ADS 320 - Section 641 of USAID’s framework legislation - the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, codified as amended in 22 U.S.C. 2401
- Branding and Marking Plan Not Approved - ADS 320 - Section 641 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 - 22 CFR 226.91
- Locations Do Not Have Adequate Branding - ADS 322.214.171.124.a-b