ADS 320 implements the requirement in Section 641 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended, that “[p]rograms under this Act shall be identified appropriately overseas as ‘American Aid.’” Branding and marking requirements for assistance are also established by 22 CFR 226.91 and ADS 320.
A branding and marking plan permits implementing partners to propose a strategy emphasizing the [host] Government’s participation in or leadership of program activities.
- Determine the acceptability of the branding and marking plan and verify its implementation.
SOURCE: AUDIT REPORT NO. F-306-11-001-P FEBRUARY 13, 2011
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
- Partner Did Not Adhere to Branding Requirements - ADS 320
- Branding Policy Not Enforced - Section 641 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 - 22 U.S.C. 2401.
- Obtain Commitment From Beneficiaries - USAID’s joint Strategic Plan, Fiscal Years 2007–2012 - ADS 596.3.1 - GAO Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government2 GAO/AIMD-00-21.3.1 (11/99), page 15
- USAID-Funded Publications Not Properly Marked - 22 CFR 226.91
- Implementers’ Branding and Public Announcement Efforts Not Monitored - ADS 320.3.1 - ADS 320.2a(3)
- Locations Lacked USAID Branding - Section 641 of USAID's framework legislation, the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 - ADS 320, ?Branding and Marking
- Items Funded by USAID Were Not Properly Marked - ADS 320.3.3
- Effectiveness of USAID Branding Needs to Be Improved - section 641 of USAID’s framework legislation, the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, codified as amended in 22 U.S.C. 2401 - ADS 3126.96.36.199 - , 22 CFR 211.5(h)
- Subcontractor Did Not Manage Beneficiary Expectations Effectively - USAID’s Nine Principles of Development and Reconstruction Assistance
- Public Awareness of U.S. Efforts Needs To Be Improved - ADS 320 - Section 641 of USAID’s framework legislation - the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, codified as amended in 22 U.S.C. 2401