The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR 42.15024) requires the mission to evaluate contractor performance and prepare a past-performance report for each construction contract of $550,000 or more and each architectural services contract exceeding $30,000.
According to the regulation, these performance reports should be prepared at the time of final acceptance of a completed construction project or at other times in accordance with Agency procedures. USAID Acquisition Regulation 742.15 requires contracting officers to report on contractor performance at least annually.
Regular, comprehensive, and conscientious performance evaluations can provide the mission with information to make better acquisition decisions and serve as a significant incentive to contractors to provide USAID with superior products and services. Further, the U.S. Government Accountability Office has ruled that failure to properly document contractor performance information and make the information available for use in source selections for the same or similar items is a sufficient basis to sustain a protest of a contract award in a subsequent source selection.
- Complete all required contractor performance reviews in accordance with Agency procedures.
Source: AUDIT REPORT NO. 5-306-10-007-P MARCH 31, 2010
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Contractor Overbilling - FAR 31.2, Contracts with Commercial Organizations||Unauthorized Commitments - 22 CFR 226.25(e) - ADS 303.3 Next→|
- Intellectual Property Rights Clauses in Agreements - ADS 318.2
- Program Lacks a Detailed Gender Strategy - ADS 184.108.40.206
- Prioritize or Follow Up on Significant Vulnerabilities - ADS 303.3.9.2
- The Authorization to Make Changes to the Contract’s Terms and Conditions
- Contractor Overbilling - FAR 31.2, Contracts with Commercial Organizations
- Unauthorized Commitments - 22 CFR 226.25(e) - ADS 303.3
- Conduct Audits of Foreign Organizations - ADS 591.3.2 - Guidelines for Financial Audits Contracted by Foreign Recipients - General Act of 1978
- Implementing Partner Record Retention Regulations - 22 CFR 226.53(b)
- Verify Continued Separate Maintenance Allowance Eligibility - Department of State Standardized Regulations, General Provisions, Section 077.3, Granting Allowances and Difficult to Staff Incentive Differential on SF-1190 (Foreign Allowances Application
- Local Subgrantees Need Codes of Conduct for Interactions with Orphans and Vulnerable Children - U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC) Guidance July 2006
- Technical Representative Requirements - ADS 4220.127.116.11 - ADS 303.3.14
- Assistance Awards and Requirements - ADS 303 - ADS 621.3.4
- Certification Regarding Responsibility Matters - FAR 9.104-6 - FAR 9.105-2(b) - FAR 9.4
- Excluded Parties List System Reviews During the Bidding and Awarding Process - FAR 9.404 - 22 CFR 208 - ADS 502.5.1b - FAR 9.405(d) - FAR 9.105-2(b)
- Strengthen Program Oversight - ADS 302