In USAID’s Automatic Directives System (ADS) Chapter 302, Procedures for Designating the Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR) for Contracts and Task Order states that the COTR is in a unique position to monitor the contractor’s performance and is delegated authorities that are otherwise vested in the contracting office.
The COTR is expected to monitor the contractor's performance, verify that it conforms to the technical requirements and quality standards, and document and elevate any material deficiencies in the contractor's performance to the contracting office.
Accordingly, the COTR’s approval of implementation plans, work plans, or monitoring or evaluation plans must be consistent with the terms and conditions of the contract
- Develop and document a checklist of required information to monitor completion of work plan activities.
- Develop written procedures for access requirements, transfer, and maintenance of electronic program files.
- Document and publicize requirements for electronic records retention and link them to an official staff-departure checklist.
SOURCE: AUDIT REPORT NO. 6-268-10-006-P August 24, 2010
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Fixed-Amount Reimbursement Agreements Reduce Risk - ADS Supplemental 317||Contract Not Adequately Reviewed by Contract Review Board - (ADS) 302.3.1.2 - Contract Review Board Guidelines Next→|
- Contractor Performance Reviews Were Not Completed - FAR 42.15024 - USAID Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR) 742.15
- Unauthorized Commitments - 22 CFR 226.25(e) - ADS 303.3
- Conduct Audits of Foreign Organizations - ADS 591.3.2 - Guidelines for Financial Audits Contracted by Foreign Recipients - General Act of 1978
- Implementing Partner Record Retention Regulations - 22 CFR 226.53(b)
- Verify Continued Separate Maintenance Allowance Eligibility - Department of State Standardized Regulations, General Provisions, Section 077.3, Granting Allowances and Difficult to Staff Incentive Differential on SF-1190 (Foreign Allowances Application
- Local Subgrantees Need Codes of Conduct for Interactions with Orphans and Vulnerable Children - U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC) Guidance July 2006
- Technical Representative Requirements - ADS 4220.127.116.11 - ADS 303.3.14
- Assistance Awards and Requirements - ADS 303 - ADS 621.3.4
- Certification Regarding Responsibility Matters - FAR 9.104-6 - FAR 9.105-2(b) - FAR 9.4
- Excluded Parties List System Reviews During the Bidding and Awarding Process - FAR 9.404 - 22 CFR 208 - ADS 502.5.1b - FAR 9.405(d) - FAR 9.105-2(b)
- Implementer Performed Unauthorized Program Activities - ADS 18.104.22.168
- Ensure That Funding Requests Are Appropriate - ADS 602.3.2
- Strengthen Oversight of Renovation Activities - FAR Part 36, “Construction and Architect-Engineer Contracts” - GAO/AIMD-00-21.3.1 (11/99), page 20
- Mission Did Not Complete Contractor Performance Review - USAID Acquisition Regulation 742.15 (also known as 48 CFR 742.1502) - FAR 42.1502
- Contracting Officials Did Not Document Contract Files or Communicate Adequately - 22 CFR 226 - FAR 4.801 (b)
- Fixed-Amount Reimbursement Agreements Reduce Risk - ADS Supplemental 317
- Contract Not Adequately Reviewed by Contract Review Board - (ADS) 302.3.1.2 - Contract Review Board Guidelines
- Questionable Spending Occurred - Federal Acquisition Regulations 52.216-7 and 52.216-8 USAID Acquisition Regulation 752.7003 FAR Subpart 31.2-Contracts with Commercial Organizations
- Contracting Mechanism Used for Program is not Appropriate - Federal Acquisition Regulation 16.505(a)(2) - supplemental policy to ADS 302, Indefinite Quantity Contract (IQC): Task Order Work Statement Development Checklist - Competition in Contracting Act
- Lack of Effective Program Oversight - ADS 302-Procedures for Designating the COTR for Contracts and Task Orders - ADS 303- Agreement Officer’s Technical Representative (AOTR) Designation – Cooperative Agreement Administration.