USAID Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR) 752.7101, Voluntary Population Planning Activities, requires insertion of contract clause stating that none of the funds made available under a contract shall be used to pay for the performance of involuntary sterilization as a method of family planning or to coerce or provide any financial incentive to any individual to practice sterilization.
It also prohibits abortion-related activities and identifies additional requirements for projects engaging in family planning activities.
- Provide documentation demonstrating the inclusion of the required voluntary population planning language in contracts for review.
SOURCE: AUDIT REPORT NO. 6-278-11-004-P January 10, 2011
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Subcontracts Lacked Supporting Documentation and Were Susceptible to Fraud - (FAR) 31.201-2(d)||Appropriate Records Were Not Retained - Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 52.215-2, Audit and Records – Negotiation Next→|
- Ensure That Funding Requests Are Appropriate - ADS 602.3.2
- Strengthen Oversight of Renovation Activities - FAR Part 36, “Construction and Architect-Engineer Contracts” - GAO/AIMD-00-21.3.1 (11/99), page 20
- Mission Did Not Complete Contractor Performance Review - USAID Acquisition Regulation 742.15 (also known as 48 CFR 742.1502) - FAR 42.1502
- Contracting Officials Did Not Document Contract Files or Communicate Adequately - 22 CFR 226 - FAR 4.801 (b)
- Fixed-Amount Reimbursement Agreements Reduce Risk - ADS Supplemental 317
- Contract Not Adequately Reviewed by Contract Review Board - (ADS) 302.3.1.2 - Contract Review Board Guidelines
- Questionable Spending Occurred - Federal Acquisition Regulations 52.216-7 and 52.216-8 USAID Acquisition Regulation 752.7003 FAR Subpart 31.2-Contracts with Commercial Organizations
- Contracting Mechanism Used for Program is not Appropriate - Federal Acquisition Regulation 16.505(a)(2) - supplemental policy to ADS 302, Indefinite Quantity Contract (IQC): Task Order Work Statement Development Checklist - Competition in Contracting Act
- Lack of Effective Program Oversight - ADS 302-Procedures for Designating the COTR for Contracts and Task Orders - ADS 303- Agreement Officer’s Technical Representative (AOTR) Designation – Cooperative Agreement Administration.
- Subcontracts Lacked Supporting Documentation and Were Susceptible to Fraud - (FAR) 31.201-2(d)
- Appropriate Records Were Not Retained - Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 52.215-2, Audit and Records – Negotiation
- Source Origin Requirements Were Not Met - ADS 310, Source, Origin, and Nationality of Commodities - the Foreign Assistance Act Section 604 - ADS 310.5.5
- Approval for Subawards Was Not Obtained - 22 CFR Part 226, Administration of Assistance Awards to U.S. Non-Governmental Organizations, Section 226.25(c)(8)