22 CFR Part 226, Administration of Assistance Awards to U.S. Non-Governmental Organizations, Section 226.25(c)(8), states that for nonconstruction awards the recipient shall request prior approvals from the USAID agreement officer for the subaward, transfer, or contracting out of any work under an award.
- Require implementer to provide a list of proposed or pending subawards and contracting out of any work under the project before the implementer hires a subcontractor to begin work.
- Notify the agreement officer in writing of its proposed or pending subawards and contracting out of any work under the project before the implementer hires a subcontractor to begin work.
SOURCE: AUDIT REPORT NO. 6-279-11-005-P February 28, 2011
The recommendations are derived from audit reports of the Office of the Inspector General. The source refers to the audit report, which is available on this site as part of the Audit Database Project: an educational tool for compliance with USAID regulations. Please see the disclaimer of this site before using recommendations.
|←Previous Source Origin Requirements Were Not Met - ADS 310, Source, Origin, and Nationality of Commodities - the Foreign Assistance Act Section 604 - ADS 310.5.5|
- Contracting Officials Did Not Document Contract Files or Communicate Adequately - 22 CFR 226 - FAR 4.801 (b)
- Fixed-Amount Reimbursement Agreements Reduce Risk - ADS Supplemental 317
- Contract Not Adequately Reviewed by Contract Review Board - (ADS) 302.3.1.2 - Contract Review Board Guidelines
- Questionable Spending Occurred - Federal Acquisition Regulations 52.216-7 and 52.216-8 USAID Acquisition Regulation 752.7003 FAR Subpart 31.2-Contracts with Commercial Organizations
- Contracting Mechanism Used for Program is not Appropriate - Federal Acquisition Regulation 16.505(a)(2) - supplemental policy to ADS 302, Indefinite Quantity Contract (IQC): Task Order Work Statement Development Checklist - Competition in Contracting Act
- Lack of Effective Program Oversight - ADS 302-Procedures for Designating the COTR for Contracts and Task Orders - ADS 303- Agreement Officer’s Technical Representative (AOTR) Designation – Cooperative Agreement Administration.
- Subcontracts Lacked Supporting Documentation and Were Susceptible to Fraud - (FAR) 31.201-2(d)
- Voluntary Population Planning Language Was Not Included in Subcontracts - USAID Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR) 752.7101, Voluntary Population Planning Activities
- Appropriate Records Were Not Retained - Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 52.215-2, Audit and Records – Negotiation
- Source Origin Requirements Were Not Met - ADS 310, Source, Origin, and Nationality of Commodities - the Foreign Assistance Act Section 604 - ADS 310.5.5