Maassen, G.F. (2004). The Importance of Independent Directors for Indonesian Boards of Directors: A Review of the EU Corporate Governance Action Plan. Corporate Boards Update (Indonesia).
This article reviews the latest international developments related to independent directors in Europe including the EU corporate governance action plan, the latest EU corporate governance consultation on the independence of directors and the new 2004 OECD corporate governance principles. This article also presents a check-list that can be used by Indonesian directors to determine whether they meet the independence requirements of directors which are currently being developed in Europe.
|←Previous Comparing Corporate Governance Models|
- The Influence of the Board of Directors on the Strategic Renewal Behavior of Listed Corporations
- Assessing Corporate Responses to Changing Board Network Expectations in the Netherlands
- The Hidden Effects of Corporate Governance Reform in the Netherlands
- An Introduction to Organizational Economics
- The Comparison of Corporate Governance Models
- Comparing Major International Corporate Governance Models
- Service Role of Boards
- Demographic Diversity
- The Service Role of Boards