Analysis of the Law of the Republic of Armenia on Joint Stock Companies. Davit Karapetyan and Gregory Maassen.
The purpose of this document is to identify deficiencies of the LJSC and, where appropriate, suggest possible solutions. It is not a full analysis of the provisions of the LJSC and is intended to be an invitation for discussion on the improvement of Armenian legislation on JSCs.
This document intends to illustrate not only inconsistencies of the LJSC with the CC, but also reflect on issues that could be regulated by the LJSC. As a legislative technique issue, it is possible to resolve this problem in two ways: (1) by amending the existing LJSC or (2) by drafting a new Law.
This document was drafted in 2000 in preparation of the the Armenian Law on Joint Stock Companies which came into force in 2001.
|USAID - Corporate Governance in Macedonia. An Analysis of Non-Listed Joint Stock Companies Next→|
- USAID - Corporate Governance in Macedonia. An Analysis of Non-Listed Joint Stock Companies
- Model Provisions on Investor Protection in CIS Member States
- USAID Commercial Law and Institutional Review 2005 Macedonia
- Commercial Law and Institutional Review 2003 Macedonia
- OECD / IFC Fact-Sheet on Joint Stock Companies in Mongolia
- OECD / IFC Fact-Sheet on Joint Stock Companies in Kazakhstan
- OECD / IFC Armenia Corporate Governance Country Analysis
- Corporate Governance Survey 2003 - 2004 Macedonia