Maassen, G.F (2004). Corporate Governance and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises: How SMEs Can Benefit from Corporate Governance Principles and Corporate Social Responsibility. Macedonian Business Lawyers Association.
Corporate governance is normally associated with joint stock companies that are listed on a stock exchange and/or that have a widely dispersed shareholder base. It is not often that a relationship is made between corporate governance principles and small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs).
This article argues that certain corporate governance principles are as relevant for SMEs as they are for larger companies to facilitate growth and competitiveness. Transparency, openness and corporate social responsibility are also important aspects of an SME’s operations in order to attract financing from banks and other lenders. Macedonian SME’s that understand the competitive advantages of corporate governance and corporate social responsibility tailored to their specific needs will be better positioned to face the competition both domestically and internationally.
|←Previous De Audit-Commissie van de Raad van Commissarissen in Nederland||The Relationship Between Corporate Governance and the Performance of Joint Stock Companies Next→|
- De Adviserende Rol van Commissarissen in het Licht van de Code Tabaksblat
- Gebruik Toezichthoudende Commissies Sterk Toegenomen in Nederland
- Cumulative Voting and the Protection of Minority Shareholders in the CIS
- Veranderingen in de Service-Rol van Commissarissen in Nederland (In Dutch)
- Investigating the Development of the Internal and External Service Tasks of Non-executive Directors
- Een Internationale Vergelijking van Corporate Governance Modellen
- De Audit-Commissie van de Raad van Commissarissen in Nederland
- The Relationship Between Corporate Governance and the Performance of Joint Stock Companies
- Independent Directors for Macedonian Joint Stock Companies
- Major Transactions: How the Macedonian 2004 Company Law Protects Directors
- Het Gebruik van Toezichthoudende Commissies Binnen Raden van Commissarissen